Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities Johnston Health seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. Johnston Health's nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at Johnston? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
At Johnston Health, we love our patients and staff. The strength of the bond among our coworkers amplifies the love and compassionate care we provide to our patients.
Donna Hinnant, MHA, BSBA, BSN, RN - Administrative Director Inpatient Services at Johnston Health
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
Contract RN-13 Week Assignment
$50/Hour Days; $52/Hour Nights
- Limited number of 90 day contracts for Temporary Internal Contract positions
- Contract employees will be assigned to specific units.
- 36 hours per week/72 hours per pay period
- 12 Hour Shifts or Unit Designated work hours.
- This position is not eligible for benefits such as health insurance, retirement, paid days off, and disability coverages.
- Current Johnston Health employees that wish to transition to an internal contract position will forfeit all benefits and be assigned a new hire date. Their seniority date will be reset to the date they accept the contract position.
- Introductory Period Policy applicable.
- This introductory period does not alter the employment-at-will status of any employee. Employees may resign from Johnston Health at any time and may be terminated by Johnston Health at any time, with or without notice, with or without cause.
- Salary will be $50.00-$52.00 per hour depending on shift.
- Internal contract employee must be scheduled after all permanent employees are scheduled.
- Internal contract employee may be asked to float to ‘like’ units in which they have competency.
- Internal contract employee will not be flexed off for a scheduled shift.
- Internal contract employee will receive an occurrence for all unplanned absences and may be required to work an additional shift within the same week as their occurrence at the manager’s request and based on the needs of the unit.
- Internal contract employee will be scheduled for days, nights, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the unit.
- After the 90 day contract, there is no guarantee of continued employment.
- Internal contract employee may apply for a permanent position if they remain in good standing during the contract period.
- To qualify, candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in that specialty area.
General Statement of Duties:
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina by the day of clinical care. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification. Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in the required setting.