Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities Johnston Health seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. Johnston Health's nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at Johnston? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
At Johnston Health, we love our patients and staff. The strength of the bond among our coworkers amplifies the love and compassionate care we provide to our patients.
Donna Hinnant, MHA, BSBA, BSN, RN - Administrative Director Inpatient Services at Johnston Health
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
This opportunity is for new graduate RNs who are currently in their final semester of nursing school or who have graduated within the past 12 months of the anticipated start date. Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of North Carolina by the Board of Nursing by the first day of clinical care. Current healthcare provider BLS/CPR certification required.
• This position is 36 hours per week with day/night and weekend rotation. Self-scheduling to meet the individual and department needs.
• New Graduate Nurses are part of the Johnston Health New Graduate Transition Program. This program is designed to support the transition from academia to practice for new graduate nurses. The program is layered on top of orientation to provide mentored clinical relationships which support development as a professional nurse.
• Please remember to submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity and indicate your preferred area of nursing practice.